The registration period will begin on Friday, April 1st and end on Sunday, May 8th, 2016. To register, please call the Bureau Accès-Montréal number 311 and prepare the following informations:
- The official name of the groupe you represent;
- A contact phone number;
- The number of flowers that you request (one stem covers a 30 cm by 30 cm square when fully grown);
- The proportion of flowers that will be planted in shady and sunny locations.
Starting on May 9th, Éco-quartier Côte-des-Neiges will call every registered group to confirm the order, to inform you about any change in flower numbers, and to give you detailed instructions for flower pick-up.
To celebrate Earth Day 2015, the SOCENV will officially launch a new service tomorrow: a drop-off point at our office for polystyrene, a.k.a. plastic #6. This plastic category is presently not welcome into City of Montréal’s recycling containers and is labelled by the following logo:
- Clean expanded polystyrene : protective styrofoam packaging, single-use styrofoam dishes and coffee cups, styrofoam vegetable/fruit/meat containers
- Clean rigid polystyrene: single-use plastic dishes and utensils, one-serving yogurt containers, mushroom containers, cd cases (without booklet), sushi plates,…
- Please do not mix both polystyrene categories.
At this stage of the project, we are accepting materials from CDN residents and commynity organizations, but we are planning to include some businesses and institutions in a second phase.
For more information, please contact us. We will bring all collected plastic to our partner Polystyvert (www.polystyvert.com), that will recycle it using its innovative process based on dissolving the polystyrene with the held of essential oils. Thanks to:
The self-serve compost distribution will take place on this Saturday and Sunday, May 10-11th, from 8am to 6pm, at the Complexe environnemental de St-Michel (2235 rue Michel-Jurdant). Do not forget: your own containers and a Montréal proof of residence.
For more details: